SEAdLINNNG, Nanae Takahashi’s new promotion, has announced the full card for their debut event on August 26th.
To be honest, I am not particularly impressed. It does not really differ from any other indy-level Joshi event as it mostly uses mid-level indy talent. The only special attraction is Amazing Kong’s return to Japan, but since she is in a tag match the return is a bit deflated. If this leads to a Kong vs. Takahashi singles match at a future event that would be great, but if it doesn’t than this was a wasted opportunity. Here is the full card:
1. Takumi Iroha (Marvelous) vs. Eri (JWP)
2. Kyoko Inoue (Diana) vs. Syuri (REINA)
3. Kaori Yoneyama (Free) and MIZUKI (Ladies Legend Pro Wrestling-X) vs. Tsukasa Fujimoto (Ice Ribbon) and Sareee (Diana)
4. Yumiko Hotta (Diana), Manami Toyota (Free), and Kotori (Gatoh Move) vs. Emi Sakura (Gatoh Move), Hiroyo Matsumoto (Free), and Arisa Nakajima (JWP)
5. Nanae Takahashi (Free) and Ayako Hamada (Free) vs. Meiko Satomura (Sendai Girls) and Awesome Kong (TNA)
Aside from the main event, which definitely has potential as all four women are quality, nothing here jumps out at me even though Syuri being in a singles match is a plus. But I am an eternal optimist, so hopefully this is just a beginning and the next event will offer matches that are a bit more exciting.